cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Update

JRC
0 14 8

Abbie peacefully went to sleep yesterday about noon.I was able to cuddle her as she went to sleep.

Today I have the psychologist's appt. that I had made before Abbie's illness came up. That is a good thing.

I am not giving up on quitting. I have gone back and reread info and blogs I had saved. I need to develop a plan for when I feel extremely stressed. What I had was inadequate to handle the unexpected situations. I know it can be done as I see it here everyday. Looking back, my situations all seem to be related to feeling a lack of control. It is ironic because the one thing I had control over was whether I smoked or not.

I don't have friends that I can call and say, come over for a cup of coffee. So your kind and loving words the past few days have been uplifting and sustaining. I also appreciated the comments with wisdom, suggestions and tough love (although they were very gentle). What a wonderful family you are.    Janet

14 Comments
smorgy8513

Janet, I'm sorry about Abby.   I know what it is like to lose a "furry kid", I stayed with Mischief years ago as she passed.      It is hard.

It is also hard to be sick, have trouble breathing and FEELING GUILTY AND SHAME.  So you can't smoke!

Glad you are going to psychologist.....get the help you need there.

May I make another suggestion in addition to re-reading some of the things you have?   I can't remember who said this long ago (sorry it's the memory thing!).      Make a list that says "I will not smoke if......" and write all the possibilities that may trigger you.    One of them should be "the loss of a pet".     Once you have these read them out loud each and every day.....continue to build on the list.      Come and pledge each and every day and stick to that commitment to not smoke for 24 hours!

I know you want this.      I sometimes wonder if you think you don't deserve this......that's where the psychologist will help!

Love you Janet!

Sharon 366 DOF

cookie804

so so sorry for your loss of your beloved pet. I know exactly how you feel. If I loose my cookie, I don't know how I would go on. My golden retriever was 16 when I had to put him to sleep and I don't know who cried the most, me or the

so sorry for your loss of your loving hairy friend. I know it is very hard and heartbreaking. If I lost my cookie, I don't know what I would do. My heart goes out to you.

God bless

Carolyn

Deena-A-Yenni

Sorry for your loss.

promise_judy

I am so sorry for your loss.

XOXO

cheyenne7

Holding you close ❤️

Brenda_M

My heart aches for you during this time of loss.

Junior7

So sorry for your loss! 

annb
Another precious Angel Doggy has gotten her wings but I'm so sorry you had to let her go and I am grieving with you.((((Janet))))
Polynha

Sorry for your loss!

trudyd

I lost my Rudy to kidney disease in Oct 2012........I was devastated  but opened my home to another little guy EVERYONE needs someone to love and someone to love them back!You are in my thoughts and prayers....

linda.mustafa

I'm sorry for your loss!

YoungAtHeart

My deepest sympathy on the loss of your dear friend!

Nancy

Strudel

Janet - You know how very sorry I am...... 

moody_9-18-13

I lost Thor and thought, how can I deal with this, as I was only 3 months in my quit. My husband started back that very day, but I realized I was not going to help myself by smoking, nor was I going to get my precious Thor back. Janet, life isn't always fair. Get you quit back, it's one thing you CAN control. So very sorry for your loss.