cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today is a new day

JACKIE1-25-15
2 6 16

Still smoke free and I am thankful for that.  Breathing deep and hoping for a good day which has started out okay.   I have already served breakfast and for the most part he and I are moving forward.   I understand that my 93.11 years old dad is not going to change.   Me remembering that is the problem. I had menioned before that on one occassion  I allowed my father to be the trigger of a relapse.  I refuse to ever take another puff.  Just one puff could destroy my quit.  It can be as simple as that. One Puff. Not one cigarette or pack but ONE PUFF!

Each time I am challenged I get stronger.  Today I am feeling stronger.  My goal is to learn how to control these emotions and be slow to anger.  (Pray)  I have to get a mantra for that.  Hopefully, I will not allow him to cause me to flip and become that ugly female that I despise. However, I am my father’s child and the fruit does not fall from the tree.  God forgive me for all my transgressions.

So here goes.  My brother is coming to assist me to move his bed to my house since mine is too “soft”.   He wants to come along to look for some things and go to the pharmacy.   I am just going to keep my mouth closed (duct tape?) and stay focused on the goals.  NOPE not one puff ever.  Ouch!  Duct tape will hurt coming off.  Have a great smoke free day.  I am a nonsmoker.   Blogging has helped to get me this far. 312 days of freedom.  Don’t keep lurking say something.  It helps. For Real. Thanks for all of your encouragement.  Let's have another cup of coffee. 

6 Comments
About the Author
Lay aside every weight that may be slowing you down. Make up your mind not to allow doubt cause you to stumble. You can do this! Do not allow fear , False Expectations Appearing Real to hold you down. You can do this! Break the chains of addiction, forgive yourself for ever smoking. move forward and start loving yourself more each day by staying smokefree. Put aside worry, anxiety, depression, any EXcuse that you would use to not get in or stay in the race of freedom. Take one day at a time, one step if necessary. Run the race diligently, steady and sure with endurance. Believe that you can. Keep your eye on the prize. Hang tough, stay close, be mindful, never give in, never give up.