cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

today is a new day

MusicalHobbit
1 6 159

Well, I am almost through 21mg patch. I noticed using combot NRT is helping, and I've been able to start delaying when I use it.

I try for at least 2 hours and if the craving doesn't leave then I use gum, but only after 2 hours. most of the time I find I am able to beat a craving, but i use the gum if it gets too hard. I also discovered that peppermints help a lot, too. just plain peppermint candies. Because i need the oral stimulation.

Over this journey I figured out that some of it is oral fixation due to my autism, so I decided to grab peppermints for those times where a craving might hit but don't feel like using gum, when I want to figure out if it is the need for oral stimulation or if it is a true craving. I've noticed that helps.

I'm going about my quit a little differently this time. I am glad for this, because I had to admit to myself that the patch alone was not going to work when I relapsed last year. I want to see how well this method works for me this time. Hoping cravings will finally leave by the 7mg patch. But if not, I will speak to my doctor and see what else there is to help.

I am determined to stay quit this time because saving money is good for me. I am on a low income as it is so spending all that cash wasn't helping any. but I think this will go over well, I hope. ✌

6 Comments