cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

The worst day!!

sara-lee
0 7 12
Yester day…very bad day, however, I really want to do this, I am having a difficult time with the realization that these little sticks (cigs) are such an enormous part of my thinking, I’m miserable with them, and now without them…makes no logical sense!
So as I said yesterday…ROTTEN, I tried to use humor, but alas I gave in.

Yesterdays message…..
can't smoke, don't drink ...looks as if I need a hobby, perhaps shark petting, spider milking, grizzly bear tag, or maybe javelin catching? ya know something
that will relax me...ugh....this is crazy..went through 2 packs of gum today!!!

Okay after work, I decided to go for my 4/5 mile walk, I was ready to try my NEW walking shoes, I was feeling frazzled, and thought the walk might help....Just as Murphy would have it, those walking shoes, are the worst!! I might as well been walking in my stiletto's ...they were that comfortable!!
I only made it 2.0 miles and gave in...yeah, I mean I gave in, I caved, I sank, whatever you want to call it...I screwed up I had a cig, just one, but, I did, and today I am kicking myself in the (you know where) So my apologize to all of you out there!! just a bad day all around yesterday!! Geeze...I feel like such an ass!
7 Comments
cindywilson
Amy said now get back in there!!!
amy20
N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) Sara!
Get yourself back on track...the crazed feelings you were experiencing were perfectly normal and WILL pass with time! If it was easy, everyone would quit, especially now that they are so expensive! I'm coming up on my 5 month milestone and rarely even think about my smoking days...but had some very trying times over the course of my quit. You can do this! Stay Strong! Good Luck!
kristi4
You have to stay strong, I am on my 11 day. On day 8 i think, i was rationalizing with the one puff demon, it was sooo close. Try anger. I yelled and screamed and swore. Other than that, I sat paralized in my living room,not daring to leave where cig's could be found. Or as far as humor, go to www.wowio, type in book allen carr,and click on book, how to quit smoking for women. It is really comical illustrated book,but teaches you about cig's at the same time. Just the little things that help me...
Tommy2
I fully understand ... I actually spent two of my weeks, where I allowed myself, one or two a day of that no nicotine cig, (Quest) .... now it seems no problem and I am on week 6, still think about it, still want it, but I am able to control it - keep at it and everytime you slip, just go back and it does get easier. Good Luck.
AutumnWoman
The only thing we have to do perfectly is to have a perfect record of NO cigarettes once we start our quits. Just focus on getting through the days, a day at a time, without a cigarette. You can establish Olympic records, climb Mt. Everest, and deflect bullets with your magic bracelets once you get more settled in your quit. If you need to go slowly with the rest of your life, curl up in a little ball for Hell Week, then maybe that's what you need to do to get your quit started. Slow sometimes works better. But keep the quit uppermost in your mind in the beginning.
sara-lee
Happiness hasn't anything to do with pleasure...my happiness is here in the now, but it isn't a pleasant experience going through this...you are all a blessing to me..thank you Jesus, for all these wonderful people, may you bless them each in a special way!!
Lord willing tomorrow is a new day...until then my friends stay strong, and just breathe!!
edith2
How about throwing karate chops at chickens?
Photobucket