cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Staying connected

Patty44
0 4 13

49 days with freedom from cigarettes. I do not smoke. Since around December 19th I have not used the patch. I am sitll using the gum, about 3 pieces a day. Sometimes more. Especially New Year's Eve. Both the patch and gum were very helpful during that night at the bar playing pool and dancing and drinking. It was okay.

I made a commitment the night before Thanksgiving to not smoke anymore no matter what. the rewards have been big. No feeling bad about myself for smoking. No hiding it from others. Now I don't have to get all bundled up and freeze my butt off to smoke. Breathing good, yoga is more fun and I have more time to take care of myself. Relaxing, reading, whatever I want to do without having to stop and smoke.

Okay, I have thought about smoking more lately because I have not stayed connected to this stie and the other sites I have been using for tools. So today I made a new goal, to log on to here at least 3 times a week to share what is going on and hopefully help someone else out there. Anyone can do this is they want to. What seems to work best is the commitment to do whatever it takes to quit. I am still taking wellbutrin and it has helped me in several ways. I am not depressed anymore and I have more energy. Work is good too. I am finding out things about myself that I can change for the better. 

My husband has picked a quit date for himself. I am so proud of him for taking the action to begin a new life without cigarettes. I will be able to give him support if he will accept it. For someone who thinks he is all knowing and never wrong this is big for him! He finally told me he is proud of me. I did not need that, but it is nice for him to say it. This has all been for me. I did this for me. Now, I do not smoke. God that is wonderful.

I am here if anyone needs a friend to talk with or needs encouragement. 49 days is a long time for me. For anyone who has been dependant on cigarettes. It sitll amazes me that it never was that cigarette that made me feel good or relaxed or confident or strong or helped me think or gave me energy. All that was false. That lifeless cigarette never did anything good for me. But I must still work at it so here I am. Thanks for listening. I will be back here is a few days.

4 Comments
About the Author
Texas girl born and raised.