Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

So much gratitude

Livebetter2023
8 10 215

Good morning everyone,

I wanted to stop by and say thank you!  I haven’t been on the site much lately and I passed my one year mark at the end of January.  I am so incredibly grateful for all of you who offered encouragement, laughter, inspiration and tough love along the way.  

Wishing you all strength and creativity with your quits. ❤️❤️❤️

10 Comments
About the Author
I’ll be 50 this year and smoked off and on since I was a teenager. I quit for several years at a time- many times. When my kids were younger and I was smoking, I would never smoke in front of them and hid it well and I thought I controlled it well. A few years ago I was on a vacation in Italy and saw people smoking and it looked SO good. I became someone who only smoked “internationally” lol. That didn’t work very well and when some very real stressors popped up at home, I was smoking again full time. But now my kids were in college so I didn’t even have them to regulate me and was soon smoking as much as I ever have. I am quitting because I want to be free. I love to travel. I love to hike. I love to work out (but only when I am not smoking - I’ve missed it). I want to enjoy my life and I want to lose the shame. I felt so much shame about smoking and I want to and will be free.