Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

So much gratitude!

JodiW
4 7 197

Hey community, 

I just wanted to check in and say thank you. 

The 6th of December, 2021 was the day I started my quit plan. I used an app called iCanQuit, the stop smoking drug varenicline, and this group. The app was awesome and I worked through the exercises as I started the varenicline. I found this group and read and read. 

Then I posted, several times, and the response was really helpful. I always received words of wisdom, guidance, support, or affirmation. 

I want to thank all of you who are committed to this group and support everyone who shows up (like me!) I had three slips in the past year, but since my quit date I have enjoyed 386 smoke free days. After 30 years of smoking, that feels pretty amazing. I'm looking forward to a ZERO slip 2023. 

Again, I appreciate all of the knowledge and support. I hope that you all have a 2023 full of warmth, relaxation and love. Keep bein' awesome! 

7 Comments
About the Author
I smoked for about 30 years, first, just one with friends while drinking. Then another with friends on break. Then...well, you know the story. I used varenicline (Canadian, generic Chantix) and an app called "i Can Quit" and am feeling pretty good about my quit this time - 122 days in as I'm writing this bio. Never smoking again. Celebrating my freedom! Edit: 7/26/22 I slipped, smoked a cigarette at a friends wake, after 229 days of freedom. Ugh. I only had that one, but I feel like I have to reset the clock. Here goes!