cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Scared to quit again

lioness
0 1 9

I first quit in May and was actually having fun quitting with my husband. At the same time as quitting I came down with mono (which I am still recovering from). Of course, at first like any good smoker, I think that by quitting it made me sick so I was so I started smoking again. Now I want to quit again but am afraid that if I do I will start being sick all over again (and I really don't want to be that sick again). My husband starting smoking again too (because I'm sure I was driving him crazy being sick).

That first day in May when I quit, I came home and by hubby hugged me and said your hair smells really nice. I told him that I hadn't had a cigarette all day. Just by him saying that I smelled good made me not want to want a cigeratte again. I know this must sound like blubbering, but I want that feeling again. The feeling of freedom that I'm not a slave to these stupid things anymore.

I can't take medicines or patches (too many bad reactions). I just want my freedom back without being afraid of being sick again.

1 Comment