Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Realizing..........

MarilynH
0 9 13

1.Comtemplation 

2 . rationalization 

3 . consent 

We can control what we do before we do it. 

I am on day 221 of my quit and it's storming again today but I will not smoke over it, instead I am going to shake off being annoyed over the weather and do something constructive . If I was to smoke a cigarette now after all this time I would probably hork up  a lung and if I managed to actually smoke it. I know that I would never forgive myself for allowing myself to slip, thankfully I won't allow that to happen because I believe that the key is to remain vigilant and on guard so we will be prepared and ready to win the battle against the horrid cancer sticks. Always be prepared to protect your quits with your life because our lives depends on it, Enjoy a wonderful smoke free day. I should mention for the new people here that I smoked just shy of 40 yrs, quitting is definitely doable. 

Marilyn 

9 Comments
Ms.J_11-10-2013

Look at you rocking this quit!!!  You have had a great quititude since the 1st day you landed here.  You bring alot to this site and we are glad you are here with us!!  Shaking off the weather annoyance's as we speak.......

xoxo

Jackie

smorgy8513

You are strong and mighty!!!!     Stay that way!

Read "Snow'

Sharon

kloud9

221 days AWESOME !

YoungAtHeart

elvan

Very good, my dear friend, you are so right!

XO, Ellen

hampton

Oh my... I have been breathing deep all morning long. Long sigh's from the dog. Cabin fever for sure in my neck of the woodsalso. BUT we are all feeling the same feeling of freedom. It feels so good. Sending ya some warmed up hugs my friend. It's got to come to an end!!!!    You are such an inspiration. Congrat's on WOW 221 days of freedom. Now that is something to celebrate!!!! Snow cone's? Peace,Deborah.

Storm.3.1.14

This is why there are no such things as "slips", in my humble opinion.

1. Contemplation

2. Fixation

3. Agitation

4. Rationalization

5. Consent

6. Purchase

7. Inhalation

8. Relapse

So many chances to break the downward spiral and just say, "STOP!"

Keep rockin' that quit!

djmurray

Wow, -- you perfectly mapped my glitch of the last couple of days.  Fortunately, I stopped after rationalization and before consent.  I pretty much blogged about that myself tonight.

I agree that there is no crave that cannot be avoided, and I remind myself of that frequently.  Feelings aren't actions, and actions are chosen.

Strudel

Having that control - finally - is what this is all about! 

Congrats on 221 days!

I don't know how you guys make it up there! Even after this short period of cold here - I am so over it! (13 this morning...high of 26 and now 8 overnight! Just not right in NC!!) How the heck do you do it! So sorry! Praying for early spring for us all! 

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....