cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Quitting for good

pslowik
3 8 261

Hey all, I came about here after seeing some commercials on TV. I’m 29 years of age and have been smoking since my mid teens. Surprisingly I quit once before from about about (age) 22-24. Honestly that was best. And all of a sudden after 2 years I got back into it when vaping became popular. I always thought to myself vaping is safer and less addicting, and I always thought I was stronger than it. Fast forward several years and I’m back to smoking pretty much everyday. Vape and cigarillos. I have this strange mentality to smoke these horrible things but not cigarettes. I learned to smoke from my father. He’s been a smoker for as long as I can remember. He quit cigarettes 2 years ago when I introduced him to the juul. And honestly, even though he smokes the juul a lot, I’m proud of him for ditching the traditional tobacco routine. BUT with that being said, he’s my boss, meaning we run our own construction company. And needless to say at work is when the both of us smoke the most and it’s most definitely my biggest trigger. I went on vacation recently and was able to go a full 6 days without a smoke and it felt nice. But as soon as I came back home the urge was overwhelming. During those 6 days I felt great. I felt better than I have in a while as far as not being groggy and out of breath. That is my driving factor. I’m still currently smoking but I’m taking advice from the website here and I’m ready to try. Whether I get it first attempt or not. 

Tags (2)
8 Comments