cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Schwack is back to quit for good.

schwack
4 8 253

Some of you may remember my username, most of you won't.  I used the EX blog a very long time ago to quit smoking and did so with success for three years and started back up again.  I have to have total knee replacement surgery, which the surgeon refuses to schedule me for until I have quit smoking for good, have been quit free at least 3 weeks, and pass a nicotine screening test.  Back in 2011 when I used this site, I blogged daily.  This time will be no exception.  My quit date is 24 hours from now.  Actually 23.  2pm on the 8th of Sept is to be my quit date.  I did not come back here to cause or be caught in any drama.  I came back here to quit for good, and to reflect on my quit journey daily.   I'll be using NRT's for 30 days, and am quitting vaping at the same time.   So it's the patch, gum, nasal spray, or inhaler for 30 days, weaning off the NRT's completely by day 30.  I should also mention I'm a recovering drug addict with 3 years clean.  But to say that I'm truly, really clean, it is my belief I need to quit smoking.  So here I am.  I'll read through some of the other blogs on here for inspiration and motivation.  Perhaps I should have given myself more time to prepare for my quit, but a couple of people who are very important to me question why I can't just quit now.  Speaking of which, I'll be utilizing the 1-800-QUIT-NOW program for additional accountability and responsibility.  I truly want to be done with this garbage,  I have COPD now thanks to smoking so much for so long, and I don't want it to get any worse than it already is.  It is time for me to throw away all the cigarettes and lighters by this time tomorrow.

I want to be done.  I need to be done.  I want my life back.  I need this knee surgery.  I am doing this for me and no one else.  Like me or hate me if you happen to remember me, I'm back.

Peace...  until tomorrow's check in.

~schwack

8 Comments