cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Over 100 days!

carlimaccowgirl
0 0 10

I looked on my little cigarette quit counter and was suprized that it was 107 days. I am amazed that I made it this far just going cold turkey.  I love it.  My husband still smokes occasionally and this morning he did and I was tempted to go try to look for his stash.  I don't think I would have one, I would just tell him to hide them better.  I have to look at it this way - he is a recovering alchoholic and I still drink occasionally and he never says anything about that, so I have to learn to accept that he will still smoke, although it is a craving at times.  My son who also quit at the same time slipped up for a bit, but I think that he has recommitted to quitting and I am trying to support him.  He was going to re-read the Alan Carr book, that really motivated all of us to quit back in September.  My new grandbaby is coming to visit for Christmas and that should be very happy!  

There are so many things to be grateful for everyday.  It is nice when I am working (part-time sales)  that I don't have to constantly think about sneaking away for a cig.  And then worrying what I smell like when I come back. I'm not clearing my throat constantly, with the little cough that was always there.  

Well, to all who are starting out - 1 day, one week, one month hang in there.  It is very nice on the other side.  I hope you all have a very Merry Holiday and happy new year!

I am still trying to post a picture, lol.  All the best, Carlimac