cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

One Week In

SunnyDay2023
5 6 181

I made it a whole week without nicotine! My first whole week without since I started 10 years ago.

I am so grateful for Allen Carr's writings. After a week in, my biggest takeaway is that I haven't lost anything at all and gained so much. Every single benefit that I had ascribed to vaping was a farce. It did not calm me down when I was stressed. It did not actually make me happy when I was sad. It did not take my appetite when I was hungry. It didn't make me more regular or prevent constipation.

All of those feelings and events continue to come and go pretty much unaffected by my quit. On the other hand, I am noticing that when something upsets me, I'm not getting quite as worked up. I feel more level and calm overall.

The cravings and triggers do come, but I can usually get them to pass by reminding myself how "awesome it is that I do not have to do that anymore"

If I start to get nervous or afraid, I remind myself that this whole thing was supposed to be a lot more scary than it turned out to be - and so what do I have to be afraid of? There is no accidental slip for me. I have disposed of everything. If I were to vape again, it would only be because I chose to do so - so why be afraid? I've already decided I don't need or want to do it anymore.

6 Comments