cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Not sure what to do........

corybartlet
0 5 2

Hello every one! I know I haven't blogged in a while and I'm sorry. I've been so busy with life, the good the bad and the ugly. I've been smoke free for 77 days which is the longest I've gone without smoking since I was 17 years old. I feel great but I have become one of those "rabbid" ex-smokers. You know the ones........and I'm glad I am! I HATE smoking for what it is and what it does. Here is the problem, My buisness partner still smokes. His wife spent the spring and summer going through Chemo and radiation treatments for throat cancer (not smoking related). I felt like such an A-hole going to the office (which is at his house) and smoking, knowing the hell his wife was going through. So I joined this site, took a deep breath and quit. My partner's wife also quit as she was in the hospital for more than a week to deal with the pain caused by the treaments. My partner not only still smokes but does it around us even thou we've asked him not too. I've been nice, i've been mean. I found out today that my partners wife has "slipped" and had 2 smokes. She asked me to "stay on him" to quit bcause she knows she will fail if he continues to bring cigs into the house. I lost my temper today an gave him hell. I was met with all of the junkie justifications. "I'm a big boy", "It's a personal choice" "I didn't restrict your smoking the last time I quit" yada, yada, yada. I don't know what to do. Do I continue to be hard on him and run the risk of straining our work relationship? They both have been not only friends to me but like second parents and I only beat on him for his own good and the good of hisalready sick wife. I can no longer stand the smell of not just the cigs but of him after he has one. It makes me physicaly ill. I've tried to explain that to him and I'm met with attitude. This is why I hate smoking so much, how can a small stick of tobacco make you choose it over a loved ones health? If his children and his wife can't get him to quit, do I have any chance at it?

5 Comments