cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Not doing so well...

styler347
0 19 249

I'm finding this a lot harder than I had hoped...I'm still smoking and struggling not to smoke more.  I bought some gum, but I think that made things worse.  The amount of nicotine in the gum just makes me crave the cigarettes even more if I get lost in the moment.  Plus, I just don't want to chew the gum as much as they say.  I was only smoking about 4 a day when I decided to try the gum.  It seems like the days I try the gum, I slip harder back into the habit of smoking after I lose myself in the addiction again.

Things at home aren't helping all that much either.  My g/f and mother of my children lost her job and are finances have taken a serious hit.  I would think this would help me, but her lack of concern for our financial situation makes me not worry too much about buying another pack either.  I was only smoking about a pack a week before trying the gum, but now am up to 2-3 packs a week.  I don't think I will be trying the gum again...I think it is just too much nicotine for me.

19 Comments