cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

No more lonely lifestyle

judymarie2323
1 6 21
I have not been close to my kids in a very long time. Mostly, honestly because if smoking! Yes smoking. I spend a lot of time by myself smoking. ( With my husband too) That's the part I hate about smoking. Time wasted. People and responsibilities neglected. Procrastination. I hate this life. No more! No more! I love my family. I love my dig and cat.I want to make it up to all of them. I want to be happy. Having my family to live will make me happy. My addiction is bad. Very bad. Consumes most if my life. I will do this. One moment at a time. One thought at a time. That cigarette has robbed me and my family. I won't let that happen again. Mornings are rough. I hobble along trying to get my balance as my dig is jumping because he wants to go out. I will hobble out to the fenced in area with my dog and start here with this community. That's the time to reach out! Plan.... keep my quititude!!!
6 Comments
Daniela2016

JudieMarie, 

Please don't beat yourself up so badly!!!  We know it, we are all addicts, we have all been there.

My son was speaking "intervention" for me for the last 2 years, he told me he wants to have me for a long time.

The fact that you decided to quit is an act of kindness to yourself and of love for those in your life who love you!

Please be nice, you made the decision, do, re-do all the reading if necessary, set your date and go for it.

No amount of being hard on yourself will help with the quit.  Please accept it was not you but the addiction that dictated your behaviour.

Be good to yourself, and please let us help you along the way, so happy you are back!

Hugs

Daniela

avjets

Just think, now you are becoming free to express the love for your family and be there in the moment for them and for you.  The past is over and no amount of worrying about being robbed, etc. will change that, so when those thoughts come up try a simple reminder "that is done, and now I have everything ahead of me"  I know what it is like to be remorseful for wasted time and energy but look how far you have come and it only gets better from here.

Barbara145

Hi Judy.  I was bad too, really bad.  The hobbling around in the mornings is probably carbon monoxide poisoning from the cigarettes.  I had it too. I couldn't really wake up very well until 1 pm or later.  Now I can take my dog a walk by 8:30 am.  Roll up your sleeves.  You have work to do but you can do it . is so worth it.  Stay close to this site. It is the secret ingredient in a successful quit. 

elvan

Forgive yourself, it starts with that...forgiveness.  We all carry guilt for the things we missed, the way we may have shortened our lives, guilt is entirely unproductive.  Make your plan and stick to it, I PROMISE you that it will get easier but it takes time.

TerrieQuit

The past is gone, tomorrow isn't here yet so all we have is today (the present)! You are making the right choice today and that is all you can do! Keep moving forward! We are here to support you!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

bonniebee

Glad you are back I know you can do it If I did it I know anyone can do it ! I was addicted for 52 years and now I am free !

You can and you will be free too !

You have had another learning experienceand  as Daniela said above stop beating yourself up ! Just learn what you can from the slip and go forward ! Turn the negative into a positive and then keep the positive thoughts going!

You are what you think !  If you think you are an ex -smoker then you will be ! Don't be fooled by the ole Nic who wants to drag you back into all the negative thoughts .

"I don't do that anymore " That little statement, when said to oneself is so powerful ! I still use it when the thought of smoking arises !  I also used NOPE !

We are here for you .......you go girl !