cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Newcomer

jennifer.grimes
0 8 8

Hi Its now day 5 since my quit date. I have smoked for 15 years. I stopped when I was pregnant with my first for the 9 months and then for two years after that. However the addiction got me agian until a few weeks into my second pregnancy.  I gave up again until he was born and then started again and now here I am. The last couple of times I gave up was different as I was doing it for my kids now however I am trying to do it for myself and this is not easy. I am on champix. I only take the one tablet and not the 2 as stated on the pack. I am finding myself with more time on my hands and hence trying to keep myself busy but it sure is hard. When I get bored this is a trigger for me. I also find the mornings quite difficult as my daughter is in school and my son goes down for his nap. I have the constant battle a one will be ok you can quit again. no one can see you.  I struggle with going out for a few drinks and smoking as I feel I missing out on something. I wonder is this going to be the norm everytime I get bored and have a few drinks I will have a horible battle. I am copping but I am always wondering if the thinking about smoking goes away?

8 Comments