cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

NINE MONTHS

djmurray
0 15 8

I got a notification from another quit site that I am celebrating 9 months quit today!  2015 has been completely smoke free!!  YaY me!

I'm making it through this week with as much aplomb as I can muster, and keep reminding myself that others don't know that I was basically fired.  I alm leaving this seven and a half year job with my dignity intact.  And while it is frightening to realize that when I walk out of there Friday I won't have a job, I am a big proponent of getting out of my comfort zone, and boy, is being jobless out of my comfort zone.  I'm set for my second interview at the other company at 10 a.m on October 6, and I'm hopeful that will work out for a variety of reasons.  I've also sent out a half dozen other resumes to similar companies.

But I also am questioning how long I want to go on doing this kind of stressful work.  I have some serious thinking to do.  If I am offered this job I will take it and plan to spend, perhaps, two years working hard, paying off my debt, letting the equity in my house, building my 401(k) and then pack it in and find a wonderful little job in a book store or consignment shop. 

So in the meantime, I need to stayh in the present, trust that I will be just fine, and put one foot in front of the other.  When all is said and done, this was the best outcome of the work issue that I could have hoped for.  And they're having a going away gig on Friday afternoon which will be a nice send off. 

Of course,  I'm not smoking.  My sister has RA and it's affected her lungs, so she's absolutely, positively got to quit.  I mailed her the Allen Carr book (she just won't use a computer) and she promised me she'll read it this week.  I will help her any way I can.  I will be with her late next week through the middle of the following week and I think I can be a big help to her.  By the way, I found a dress online that is going to be gorgeous for my reunion!  I can't wait to wear it.  I may be old (but all of us at this reunion are) and I may be overly fluffy) but I am going to be wearing a sexy, sophisticated, dynamite dress!

So life's little joys continue and I feel more solid about stepping out of my comfort zone again.  I'll certainly keep you all posted.

Love to all.  We can do this!!

15 Comments