cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Monday morning

LarryG
4 5 81

Camden Snow Bowl, Camden State Park, MaineCamden Snow Bowl, Camden State Park, Maine

Good morning everyone, it's chilly here today, colder stuff on the way for the next couple of days.  I'm going to coffee this morning and I'll put gas in the car and pick up Hollie and bring her over for a couple of hours.  After that?  Well, it's snooze time.  I have a new bed being delivered today too, so looking forward to that.

I'm delighted that the future is unsure. That's the way it should be.

~William Sloane Coffin

Some of life's richest moments are the most unexpected: the old friend met by chance, or the new one discovered when neither of us was really looking; the toy at the bottom of the toy box, rediscovered and loved anew; the book, the flower, the shaft of light we were in the right place at the right time to notice and embrace.

It is important to dream and plan, to work toward goals, to mark the milestones we pass on life's journey. No less important, though, is to open ourselves to the unexpected joys awaiting us every day.

Am I ready, today, to expect the unexpected?

5 Comments
About the Author
I quit on October 25, 2013, it was the best decision I ever made (or, one of them). I smoked for over 50 years and quit Cold Turkey. My most useful tool is gratitude, you can borrow some from me.