cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made it through day 1

vasta88-2
0 7 9

I don't think I could have picked a harder day to quit. My fiance lives in England, and I quit the day we flew home (knowing that I won't see him again for 4+ months). The idea was that I was going to have to go 15 hours without smoking anyway because of the flights, so I might as well use that towards quitting. Of course the flight was awful, we almost missed our connection because customs made a fuss about my daughter and I not having the same last name and her having a british accent (that's what three months in England does to a 4 year old), but luckily I had her birth certificate, so thank goodness. Then they lost our bags, my ex showed up uninvited to pick us up from the airport where he promptly started yelling at me and insisting he drive us home, and then I get home to discover they've sent my wedding dress back because my maid of honor forgot to pick it up from the post office. *sigh*.

The good part of all of this is that I made it through the day and I didn't smoke. I kept telling myself that yes, today is awful, and yes I'm hurting and upset and tired, but days like this happen to everyone all the time, and people get through them without smoking, so can I. If I reach for a cigarette every time life gets tough then I'll never quit. So, on to day two, feeling positive.

7 Comments