cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made it 3 weeks

ReallyReal
7 8 234

...and I am strongly committed to being smokefree another day, taking it each day, as each day brings different challenges, because that is just how life is. 

In the middle of each day in Week 1 and Week 2, I felt tortured and it seemed to last forever.  Now, 3 weeks are behind me, but I really appreciate that those first 2 are called Hell Week and Heck Week---ughhh.  But I got through them--yay.

Thank you everyone for all you do to support us newbies and guide us to really helpful information.  I am using my tools in my toolbox everyday, and adding more and more to it.  I am trying to find the balance between being confident but not over-confident in my quit, but that is kind of hard when today I feel so ALIVE. 

Ya, yesterday I didn't feel so alive, but that was after a couple sleepless nights--last night I slept really well---Man, SLEEP is a key for me, as it is for everyone.  I HAD to do some things for myself to help me sleep, I drank Sleepytime Tea before bed, listened to a relaxation thing online and did some visualization.  If you have Insomnia, wow, it is so important to take care of that in a healthy way.  I was so tired that my quit was close to being in jeopardy.  Remember HALT, and being at risk when you are Hungry, Angry/Anxious, Lonely, Tired.  

Anyway, today I will reward myself for my 3 weeks.  Hmmm....what should I do for myself?  Not sure, something small that gives me joy.

8 Comments
About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.