cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Lost it at the super store ugh

Lovin_Life
0 5 11

Ok so my stop day is tomorrow my friend came and took me to eat and to the super store aka WalMart to get a few things I needed in general and for my kit. Somewhere between eating and almost though WM- we had seperated- I realized I lost my cig.'s of which I had figured to have enough for though the day... had it planned perfect! ASAP I headed for the checkout to buy a pack she called to see where I was while I was waiting ti ck out and I answered with 'I LOST MY FREAKING CIGERRATTES!" I stopped right there because that is not me and apologized to all around me. It wasn't exactly a yell bc I don't have that in me much and was getting tired-am really tired and the fear almost took over. I don't know what I'm going to do with the cig.'s I have left at the end of tonight flushing them is the only safe way to keep them out of my hands I can think of. I have a better hold of myself now and am trying to get back to tomorrow being good and positive the beginning of a new life a able to breathe life. I know everything I want is on the other side of fear which is nothing but False Evidence Appearing Real!! 

5 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You felt panic today because you weren't prepared.  You ARE prepared for tomorrow - and it will be an entirely different experience if you make it so.  It really IS all up to you.  If you think about it a bit - what coufd you have done differently in the store today?  Could you have bought some surgarfree gum - or called your friend to talk with you until the panic ebbed?  These are all things you must do when you do quit.

And, yes, flushing the balance tonight is a good idea.  Not good to keep them around in case of a weak moment. 

Remember - tomorrow - smoking is NOT the answer to ANY question!

Nancy

elvan

Oh, that anxiety...that is FROM smoking, as far as what to do with the cigs, make a ceremony out of it for yourself, soak them down in water and tear them apart.  Also get rid of smoking paraphenalia...no ashtrays, lighters, matches...I had 8 packs left in a carton plus whatever was in a pack I was "working" on.  I gave the 8 packs and all of my coupons to a friend who has no intention of quitting and I gave all the other stuff away. You are ready for this and you CAN do it!  I PROMISE you that as you stack the days, it will get easier.

Hugs,

Ellen

dpop
Oh super much fun! I watered mine too!
Legend

You will be fine you have this place and all of us with you. Stay positive you can do this.

TerrieQuit

You will do just great! You are prepared! Yes, Water them down! That's what I did anyway! Just couldn't trust myself not to dig 'em back outta the trash! Our home page features a pledge group where you can join many of us in making a daily promise not to smoke! It helps to reinforce your quit. Here is the link!

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/forum/topic/8265780/march-into-march-with-a-spring-and-a-hop/

Hope to see you there!

I won't Quit on my Quit!