cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Is the Normal

flaroyale
0 9 2

Day 2 and it is sucking. Anxiety attacks are through the roof, I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to get up and do anything.  I think I would feel better if I could get up and walk outside some but I can't seem to get my butt off the chair. I think part of me is afraid that if I get up and walk around I will get in the car and go to the store. LOL

9 Comments
Luvbug4

Very normal....just do whatever you have to do to get through today without a cigarette....even if that means staying in the chair.  I gave myself a timeout when the anxiety hit too hard.  Timeout on some days meant taking a nap, or laying in my bed watching a movie, other times it meant going for a walk if I needed to get out of the house.  Give yourself the freedom to step out of your normal routine and do whatever it takes to not smoke today.

YoungAtHeart

Whatever you feel is normal for early in a quit.  Your emotions/physical being will be all over the charts in the early days.  This smoking thing is an addiction - both physical and mental - and it's not easy to get beyond.  Do WHATEVER it takes - like Luvbug said - some days it's a nap, other days it will be cleaning, still others will be sitting in front of the computer all day. 

This journey can be likened to a roller coaster ride with ups and downs and twists and turns.  Hang on and just don't smoke!

Nancy

elvan

Some people sleep, some people eat, some people clean compulsively...as Nancy said.  There is no normal but I can guarantee you that someone on this site has been exactly where you are right now and someone else is headed there.  That is the beauty of this journey we are all on together.

Smoking doesn't fix anything!

JonesCarpeDiem

hide your car keys from yourself

JonesCarpeDiem

actually. just put them in a different place and don't make any deal with the junkie

JACKIE1-25-15

Stay in the chair.  

TerrieQuit

Every one's quit is totally different! There is no right answer! Do what ever it takes for you not to smoke. I tried all sorts of stuff! Some things worked sometimes and did'nt sometimes! Take a minute to come pledge not to smoke just for now, that might help. Here's the link!

http://community.becomeanex.org/pg/forum/topic/8265780/march-into-march-with-a-spring-and-a-hop/

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Strudel

Congrats on your quit! No options - no turning back! You can do this! You can stay in that chair - or do anything you want - punch a pillow, walk around the block, anything - just don't smoke! Remember - N.O.P.E. - Not One Puff Ever! 

Barbara145

I felt like I couldn't move either.  It was not that I feared buying cigarettes, I just couldn't friggin move.  Luckily I had a big dog that needed to be walked.  when I would walk outside with him, I would always feel better.  You can do this!  Take care.