cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Independence Day

Kandi7
0 7 10
Happy 4th of July to all! Hope wherever you are, it's sunny & a perfect weather day to celebrate our nation's independence & yours from smoking. I'm so grateful for this new-found independence of being smoke free!! I quit 2/19/16! Have only had a handful of moments when I've craved a cigatette (primarily around tax time!). I was always fairly active through all the years I smoked, but had gotten away from a routine the last few years of smoking due to breathing issues. My allergy and reflux episodes were far more prevalent, and worse than my normal for several weeks after I stopped smoking, however, the past couple weeks, allergy and reflux have been much better. From what I've read, this is very common during the 1st 6 months of quitting. I'm close to celebrating 5 months quit, so maybe I'm reaching the "over the hump" stage. Since quitting, I've gained 5 lbs (which I needed to do as had dropped down to 113 lbs on my 5'7" frame). Walking has become my favorite activity. A pedometer is clipped to my waistband as part of getting dressed every day. I continue to feel so good about giving up cigs. All the times I tried and failed in the past left me so frustrated and disheartened that I would ever be able to be a non-smoker. I'm grateful for each day I live as a non-smoker. Celebrating 136 days!! Again, happy 4th of July. Enjoy this day and be safe!! Kandi
7 Comments