cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Quitaversary

NewMe
10 10 185

Hello, old friends. I thought about trying to come up with something witty, clever, insightful, oozing with wisdom, and totally inspirational and uplifting to those who are just beginning their journey along the path to a successful forever quit. But after a long day of work and a sweaty drive home in 109-degree weather, we may have to settle for something a little south of spectacular. Anyhow, I am stopping by to report that today I celebrate 8 years as a nonsmoker. I was pleased to see a lot of familiar names still here calmly holding hands and dishing out compassion, understanding, and Ex-cellent advice on how to stick to your quit no matter what. I know for a fact I would not have made a forever quit a reality for myself without the emotional support, the wisdom of "been there, done that" that was dispensed on this site, and tons of great advice on how to keep a good quit. I am eternally grateful for all the help I received here along the way, and very pleased to see so many of you devoting yourselves to making the world a better place by eliminating one Nicotine addict at a time (not Terminator style, of course,  just leading them to be free from addiction 🙂  ) You guys are providing the world with a great service! Thank you!

10 Comments