cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

In it to Win it!!!

cheflouweezer
0 4 7

I'm on my second day, feeling better today, but it's a battle. I don't think I can official call myself an ex-smoker, but rather a smoker on the path to becoming an ex. I bought some sour candies to suck on, and have redicovered my childhood favorite Now and Laters. I am drinking so much water, it's best if I don't leave the house.

Quitting for me has taken time. To start out I took some advice from Dr. Deepak Chopra. He said, in a video I found on youtube,  to first take a deep breathe of fresh air and register how you feel. Then light your cigarette and really acknowledge all the things that are happening, increased heart rate, skin tighening, lithargic. What ended up happening for me was at first a few puffs in and I got this gross taste in my mouth and put the cig out. Eventually I started to get the gross taste in my mouth before I even lit the cigarette. I contiued to smoke even though I hated it, because I'm a smoker and that's what smoker's do right?

I will thank this journey though. Working at kicking this dirty habit has forced me to find numerous ways to use my time. I took my son to the library, worked on a few biz. projects I've started, laughed with my husband, read, and made the kind of dinner I would at a restaurant, at home.

Imagining all the time I wasted smoking baffels me. I realized this when I put my son in the car to take him to the library. Usually I strap him in, and sit on the hood for a quick one. I didn't do that today. I just got in the car and drove away.  I wonder if he notices that I smell different?

4 Comments