cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I want to be smoke free!!

jacque8
0 20 39

Well here I am..  I have often thought about "Blogging".. thought I was going to need some tissue!! LOL Good one right!! LOL anyway.. Here I am.. I am 38 and want to quit smoking so bad.. so so so bad.. I am sure that there are many people that have health insurance.. and the abilities to go buy products that can help them stop smoking.. but for me.. I cant.. I dont have those connections, or the money.  So, I am goin to try to do this all alone... and with no medication.  If you only understood the stress that I have had to go through.. or that I am going through it would be so much easier.. but to make a long story short.. I am WANTING.. to, NEEDING to, and WILL quit smoking..

I have been addicted to other things.. that could have taken my life at any given point.... but I was able to just walk away from it.. I mean.. it was some nasty things.. and yup.. I walked away from it... without thinking twice.. but WHY is it SOOOO hard to do this with cigs?? I dont get it.. why me... why is this so friggin hard??? I get to the point.. where I think that I am goin to have an anxiety attack..and end up tasting it in the back of my throat..  and decide.. ok.. well maybe I should not do it cold turkey.. just start cutting back.. well then that dont work either.. I just jump right back in that boat of smokers.. and sit .. smoke.. and enjoy that ride..

Then I think about my health.. I mean.. I dont even know when the last time was I had a health check up.. literally...  for anything.. so I think .. about my daughter that is 19 and I think.. I want to be able to run and play with grandkids someday.. but yea.. that lasts for a minute.. until I light up again.. Someone tell me.. I am not the only one... I NEED HELP!!!

The health dept should provide FREE stop smoking stuff.. for those that dont have health insurance.. and are really wanting to quit!!..

20 Comments