cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hi everyone

itsmenonsmoker
0 8 12

have not  been here in a while and see theres alot of new people and options here, anyways i am here now cuz i seem to be haveing some problems today with urges, have not had a urge in  a long time but today for some messed up reason here we are, got that apple feel in my throat and just that crappy feeling of needing a sig. last urges i got wher ones that come up and last 2 to 10 minutes then gone, today seems tobe going pretty much all day now, i will not lite up over it but just have to blog cuz its better then liting up,i am 227 days and cant beleave i am having this now, really sux, anyways for the new quiters dont let this blog discurage you, i felt great for a long time now and seems tobe just today, probly cuz i have some family problems going on for the last cupple days and is just hiting me today,  just rambling now so i will stop writing, just going nuts with this one 😞

8 Comments
lisa11209

http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_04_18_fixating.html

So sorry you are having crazy cravings!  They will pass.  Above is a link to an article on whyquit.com that has gotten me past many a tough craving.  Hang in there.

itsmenonsmoker

Thank You Lisa, i will get through it, just rambleing, its been some time since i had an urge

lois13

it is a full moon on the 9th, it does affect me so i will hold on to my quit with both hands.

jim117

Do some deep breathing exercises.  Go in the bathroom and look at yourself and smile and tell yourself how good you are without cigarettes.  Do some displacement excercises.  Which is just lay down or walk around whatever and think of a place where you would love to be.  Like the beach, Paris, at the top of the Eiffel Tower, fishing, at the hairdressers, getting a massage, well you know what I mean.  Do anything just keep yourself from thinking about the deamon.

Ex_Nancy

That's okay, I get what you're saying because we need to remind ourselves that smoking is an addiction.......especially after the holidays, it's like, "what next"....and we feel a physical or emotional VOID....go back to the basics, just like you have before and acknowledge the urge, tell the urge you would like to smoke chemicals again, but you don't do that anymore.....AND repeat the mantra NOPE.

cyn9

I get the impression that you may be tired and a little depressed. You might want to take a nap or try to rest. Hang in there. Hugs!

lilmom88

You kind of sound like me when I started getting my urges after 10 months. Dont know why they came on so sudden and for so long. You are doing the right thing by coming here again, I didnt do that and now I am starting over. I look back at it and think I was maybe getting bored with my quit and when family problems started happening, I gave in. Please PROTECT YOUR QUIT!! I didnt, and now I am starting over again. Good luck .

Thomas3.20.2010
Go back to square one! Get that old quit tool box out, open it up and take out each tool, polish it off, bring your lists up to date, and take it one hour, one minute at a time! Above all, make your daily pledge! N.O.P.E.!