cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Help needed

tiffany67
0 6 14

Hello everyone. I just found this site today & have chosen my quit day. My main reason for wanting to quit is my health. After smoking for 35 years I have decided that it is time. The thought of having heart and/or breathing problems scares me silly. At this point I'm not sure I can do it as I struggle with my willpower. Over the last 6 months I have cut down to 10 per day, but I could easily smoke more if I allowed myself to. So any advice you can provide to help me overcome this addiction would be greatly appreciated.

6 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Willingness not Willpower. Please click on my cat and read my page.

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-...

bethso

Welcome!!  Congratulations on deciding to quit.  It is the best decision you will make (besides clicking on that cat and reading all the info)  I never in a million years thought I would be able to quit, yet here I am.  You can easily quit here too.  Read, read, read... . and stick close to the blogs.  

campnluvr50

I am day 31 and believe me the people here are super and help so much.  I smoked for 41 years and didn't think I could do it.  I tried to talk myself into believing that I loved to smoke, that it made me feel good, etc., but after not smoking for 31 days I didn't know what feeling good felt like til now.  I had patches and that seemed to work great for me.  I also had an electronic cigarette I puffed on but never enhaled - just something to have in my hand mostly.  Just take it day by day and you will get there - it does get easier every day believe me!  

pir8fan

If you want to quit you have come to the right place! The keys to a successful quit are education and support! Read the blogs and comment! Ask questions! Learn what to EXpect! Learn all you can about our addiction! Then count on us to provide the support you need!           Tommy

j_tanner

This is the link to Alan Carr's easy way. It's a good read, and it helped me a lot. Read and ask lots of questions. There's tons to learn that can make this easier!

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

tiffany67

Thank you all for your comments. I feel very encouraged that I can overcome this.