cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Hangin' in there

terri6889
0 10 56

I'm on day 23; no slip ups :). I'm proud of myself and am seriously enjoying the freedom of the control of cigarettes. It really hasn't been that hard once I made the decision. I don't even think about it that much. Today I have been having my patience tried alot; it is the first time I've thought about a cigarette but I know it will not solve anything. I will remain strong because I know I can. You just have to learn other coping methods. I have found that long deep breaths have very calming effect on me. It slows down my thinking/temper etc... I wish everyone a Wonderful Day and Stay Strong!!

Terri 49

10 Comments
Puff-TM-Draggin

You're doin' it right!  You are only one day behind me.  Nice to meet you.

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 23 days.  You are doing great.  Great to hear your I can attitude quite refreshing.

JonesCarpeDiem

Great Job!

Terri103

wow, you are so doing this!!!  I'd be open to hear some of your secrets for success.  

TerrieQuit

You are doing a great job, Terri 49! WTG Congratulations on 23 DOF!

Terrie  79  DOF

Giulia

That's the right attitude to have!  ("I will remain strong because I know I can.")  You are just zooming right along on your journey.  Brava!

YoungAtHeart

Slow, deep breathing is a skill and a practice that can be used in many, many situations.  Stuck in traffic?  Child's temper tantrum?  Long line in the grocery store?  I am glad you are finding it helpful to quit smoking!

You sound GREAT!  You are rockin' this quit!

Nancy

Summer-Rain

Woo-Hoo, Way to go. Isn't being smoke free a wonderful feeling.  Keep doing what you are doing.  You've got this.

The journey continues

terri6889

Thank you so much to everyone!! It helps to have a support group 🙂 Have a super great smoke-free day!

Terri 49

p.s. 49 is my age not my days quit lol 

meWisconsin

Excellent job on your quit. Deep breathing and day dreaming helped me thru some tough times. Keep up the good work.

Terry