cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Going to try this again

kelnon
0 3 41

I tried quitting for the first time about two months ago.  It lasted all of 4 days before I was stressed out enough that my boss told me to grab a pack during my lunch break.  The "good" that came from that was that it brought me down from a pack a day to 15ish a day.  I've decided to quit again, but my biggest problem is that the vast majority of my friends smoke.  I've set my quit date for 4 weeks from Saturday, going to attempt hitting one trigger at a time and slowly cutting back before my final quit day.  That also gives me 4 weeks of Friday nights (my biggest smoking time) to start cutting back and getting used to the idea of not smoking with all my friends there.  I'll just have to take this one day at a time and slowly get away from the idea that I need a smoke.  Which, sadly enough, writing this and thinking about smoking has stressed me out enough that I feel like I need one.  The other part that's stressing me out today is being low on cigarettes.  I know that makes zero sense, I feel like I need to smoke because I'm stressed out about not having enough cigarettes to make it through the day.  Normally I skip lunch, but with only 2 in the pack and another 5 and change hours of work, I'll need to take a 5 minute lunch and go get some.

3 Comments