cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Going on day 3

Momoffivesons
2 6 155

I haven't vaped.I had to take patch off I was getting nauseated and dizzy. Was told the patch strength could have been too strong at 21 mg and was using breakthrough gum. Anyways the patches off I'm still trying the gum and trying just to stay off of the patch I still haven't vaped. Any suggestions on what I can do? limited in doing some things  I'm walking ,limited in that I have a heart monitor on now and I have a cardio test coming up. This should be enough to keep me from wanting to vape but the urge is still there. Keep trying to say I can take one hit it'll be okay ,I'll stop  I know that's not true, help. 

6 Comments
sweetplt

Hi @Momoffivesons so many things to do in place of vape, you can even come here and help others in this journey.  Here is a list of 101 things to do….

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Journals-Blogs/101-Things-to-Do-Instead-of-Smoke/ba-p/1028319

Be sure to use the gum according to the directions.  Colleen 1247 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

The law of physiological addiction states that administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment of the dependence on that substance.  One puff will always, maybe not right away but always, lead you back to where you started....being a slave to nicotine.

I hope you got the book by Allen Carr, "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking."  Although it was written for smokers, the process for quitting is the same across all delivery methods.  I don't  believe anybody  thinks quitting nicotine is easy, he does clearly explain how it affects your body and mind  and why the Law of Addiction is a hard and fast rule.  I highly recommend it!  You can also get the information from the video on the site:  

https://www.becomeanex.org/nicotine-addiction_nicotine-and-your-brain/

When those craving thoughts enter your head, say, "I don't do that anymore" and GET BUSY!  Changing your mind's direction when this happens is imperative early in your quit.  It takes WORK, but it gets easier and easier to do as you get some time under your belt.

This is going to get easier as you get time under your belt.  Hang in there until it does!

Nancy

Barbscloud

@Momoffivesons Congrats on day 3.  There are lots of things you can do until you can walk.  I also found playing video games helpful.  They're a great distraction.  If your still interested in using the patch, try the lower dosage.  Whatever you use, be sure to follow the directions.  If you have a heart condition, you might want to check with your doctor about using the NRT.

You're doing great on 3 days.   Cravings now are normal so remind yourself, I don't do that anymore.  Definitely don't want to have to start over again.

Keep moving forward one day at a time.

Barb

molzep

Hi - you've got this. You made the decision to quit.

One question - would one hit be enough, was one hit ever enough? Really it would just prolong the withdrawal, removing the progress you've made.

Stay Strong and breathe deep!

molzep

And - I experienced that too much nicotine too! I was golfing with my mom and had a constant piece of nicotine gum. Something stressed me, I chewed a lot. Oh how gross I felt! Nicotine is not a very kind substance. 🙂

Snowdoggie

@Momoffivesons Day 3 is great. Sip cold water, warm bath or cold shower, put your head in the freezer and breath in the cold air. Snap a rubber band on your wrist. Do a lot of positive self talk: "you can do this, NOPE, never again will I vape, I am a nonvaper, vaping is not an option." Work on making up your own sayings.

You are making good progress. 🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋🌋Good for you. Blog if you need us.

You already know you can never again have a hit so just put that idea to rest.

About the Author
I'm the mom of five grown sons my oldest son passed away in 2016. I have two beautiful grandchildren. I believe in our lord Jesus. And I'm recently separated after 45 year very emotional abusive marriage. Grateful for this community and New beginnings. I'm trying to end all bad habits situations.