cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Give it your all.....

MarilynH
5 9 189

N.O.P.E ~ Not One Puff Ever ~ N.M.W ~ No Matter what > Works when applied on a daily basis PLUS it's TRULY GIVING OURSELVES THE GIFT OF LIFE that'll keep on giving day after day week after week month after month AND Lord willing year after year! I remember only to well the early stages of my quit WHEW I really do BUT I was sick and tired of being sick and tired I was ready to kick the nicotine poison to the curb permanently so with the help of this community I gave it all and here I am living my Forever Quit boy oh boy it's most definitely wasn't easy at times BUT it sure as hell was AND is worth all to be Free! 

iMarkup_20240211_202220.jpg

iMarkup_20240227_072754.jpg

iMarkup_20231229_080206.jpg

iMarkup_20231226_074149.jpg

9 Comments
Cousin-Itt

Good morning, Marilyn.

It Don't Come Easy, but Living Smoke Free is So Worth It

Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy (Official Video) [HD] - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvEexTomE1I 

Enjoy your day

MarilynH

Thank you Carl @Cousin-Itt for sharing this video 😁 I love it plus YAY for Freedom! 

YoungAtHeart

@Cousin-Itt 

Piano in gloves?  Lip syncing not even close!  I am left wondering, too, how they shot the aerials.  I don't think they had drones back then, did they? A helicopter would have blown everything all around.  We probably didn't even notice back in the day.   We are SO spoiled with today's productions.  

(I am almost surprised there wasn't a dinosaur in the background of it!)

LOVE Ringo and the music, though!  Thanks for sharing this!  Good memories!

YoungAtHeart

Quitting:

3167518.jpg

jonimarie

It don't come easy..thanks for the tune @Cousin-Itt 

@MarilynH sick & tired of being sick & tired, is that not the truth. I am only 76 days into my 2nd quit and  boy do I remember that emotional fight again to make that decision to kill the monster. Vigilance...this site and fellow EX'ers keeps that in tack. It is a daily commitment to ourselves to keep up the good fight.

biscuit9

Quitting nicotine means "Give it EVERYTHING".  Yes, not 1/2, not 1/3, not 3/4.....if you want OUT from the addiction you have to give it everything.  Quitting nic can't be a passing thought or a whisper, it requires ALL of your being. You have to be completely present and WILLING to be a bit uncomfortable for an unknown amount of time.  I haven't always been able to do that so for many years I could not quit.  When I wasn't willing to be a bit uncomfortable, I couldn't quit smoking.  

@Cousin-Itt  Thank you for the video....not even sure I have ever seen it.  Who knew Ringo could play the piano??  Who knew anyone could play a piano with gloves on?   Ringo had a few good songs for sure.

indingrl

79b641d55baf6bd1be15c728562a823b.jpg

@MarilynH 

@Cousin-Itt 

@YoungAtHeart 

@jonimarie 

@biscuit9 

for sharing and being my hope to nope on this terrific Thursday with all of you and my dear @MarilynH  I love when you share The Lord willing

I believe too His will is NotOnePuffEver over me and my insides while living life on life's terms with another death in our family no matter what I didn't thinking of sucking on death sticks nope nope nope 

SuzyQ411

@MarilynH  Thanks again for yet another cheerleading session on getting rid of this poison from our lives~ the memes say it all! @Cousin-Itt ~ Great choice of music regarding the struggle of maintaining a successful quit. I am literally just 43 days away from my TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY of being totally nicotine-free and am still re-couping from an unfair and lingering smoking dream I had last night 😡 BUT, I have stayed clean through many, many "no matter whats" since June 1, 2022 and I don't intend to let this one trip me up! Thanks for all the ongoing support, EX FAmily!

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....