cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Freeeeeeedom!

rinal
0 12 93

I haven't smoked since midnight, I put my first patch on this morning, and I'm feeling really good. I had one weird moment of feeling fidgety and digging around for something I couldn't find, until I realized that the "something" was really cigarettes and I didn't want those.

I feel kind of wierd, almost manic, and I'm not really sure what the cause of that is, but other than that I'm fine, I'm not wanting a smoke, in fact the idea, just the thought of smoking, is nauseating.

This is SO much different than ANY other time I've tried to quit. I am happy

I know that the Easyway says don't use an NTR or subsitutions, and not following the outlined instructions will make it harder, and here I am, totally using an NTR and will be chewing gum etc.  But I think its ok because I've made the decision to quit, I want to be a non-smoker.

And I know me. I know that I was addicted to that act of smoking as much as the nicotiene, I'm sure there will be a point in the next few days that I DO want to smoke, but wearing the patch ensures that I cannot because doing so would make me sick.

Why would I want to do something that makes me sick?

OK I'm totally running off at the mouth.

Thanks to anyone that read all that 🙂

12 Comments
Connie55

The important thing is in your mind, you have made the decision to quit! Congrats and welcome. We are here to help you through. Feel free to blog and run off all you want to. We will listen and read it all. You may get those weird, fidgety moments early in your quit while your mind and body are trying to re-learn how to live. You are learning to develop new, healthy habits so it takes a little while to adjust.

I too was so excited and happy when my quit day came. It was like I finally got parolled and could step out of my prison.11 weeks quit and still as happy as day 1.

JonesCarpeDiem

I used the NRT. the patch over the first two weeks.

I would warn you about becoming addicted to the nicotine gum if you did decide to go that way.

there will be some powerful urges but they become less frequent and do go away

glindagoodwitch

(((((((Rina))))))))))

YAY! For day ! Best place to start than any. I too am a new EX. 11 days or so. I have some nicotine gum on hand that I use only for emergencies. The other day for instance. I had a spat with my daughter. I was so stressed. I wanted a cig so bad. I almost went to my neighbor to get one then I popped some gum in my mouth and it was over before I knew it. I haven't used it since. I don't want to burst your bubble but studies have shown that NRT really doesn't work to well. Get through today. Thats what matters.... One day at a time, one hour at time, one minute at a time....

Enough of my ramblings.......

Please come back and ramble on. We are here for you!

rinal

Thanks guys! the NTR I'm using is the patch, the gum is cinnamint LOL! I don't plan to use the patch for long, a month at the absolute most. its just easier to deal with the fidgits if I don't have the nic withdrawls too.

I've read so many studies on so many things that don't work well, and I've had so many times of using different things to quit that didn't work well or at all, I think that using a combination of things, is going to be my best bet.

JonesCarpeDiem

and watch out for that lonliness that quitting makes you feel. step around it if you get those feelings.

nicotine is an evil master

Denise3

you may be feeling manic from the patch. it made me very jittery, at times so much so that I had to take it off.

rinal

That makes sense, its calmed down a bit, and honestly I'd rather feel jittery than nauseaus or aggro...

meagain3

Hang in there.  Give it some time.  you can do it!

lconnelly

Good luck on getting to day two! You can do it!!

Do it any way that works for you, the point is that you do it. Never worry about rambling on ~ it's better to keep your hands busy rather than the alternative!

Keep on keepin' on!

Ex_Nancy

Good going Rina, I used the patch too for the reccommended time of about  2 and a half months...may seem like a lot, but we have a saying here, WIT=Whatever It Takes....and I'm coming up on 1 year quit soon!   Stay close to this site and blog ANYTIME...xoxo

lisa11209

Yay!  Congratulation on day one!  Keep honoring your decision to be a non smoker.  You can absolutely do this!

whooonk

I am so happy your are there. Let's tick those days away together now!