cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Freedom

hamptons
0 6 12

Hi my ex buddies. Sun is shining so bright today. Got my laundry finished,at mickey dees again. Some day i will have it at home. Well good news to share. My drinking landlord checked himself in to a place for detox. I felt really bad this morning, but it's his doing and like us we faced a very big challenged with the not smoking ever again. He was holding his cup with water in it with both hands- he was shaking so bad to get it to his mouth . Reason I feel bad is he really is a great guy sobor and a happy drunk. So as I breathe a very big relief,Not sure who will show up for him to party. So I bought a lock set and I only have the keys. 🙂 I think I'm really getting use to this huge back bone. I can't tell how many NO"S I have given out. So that leaves me pretty much alone.I just love to be alone. It's safer for me. My heart is so big and I always find some way to help another.N I get a big smile back-of course these people are stranger's- as I said before I always said yes and have given so much away. Time for me to take care of Debbie. It feels strange This behavior is just like quiting smoking over 450 days. You-all of you have kept my spirits up and never judged me. That means so much my friends. Well time to go and put my laundry away and hope the temps. come up some,only in the 20's. BRRR I love you ex and thank you.~peace to all ~ Debbie.

6 Comments
TerrieQuit

Hi Debbie, I am pretty much alone right now too, I'm not thinking that the friend thing is what it's cracked up to be!! heehee! My very best friends are all EX friends! I am glad you got the lock and are saying NO! Congratulations on 450 + days and you just keep saying NO and staying free! Take care and thank goodness for mickey dees! It's always good to see you! Stay Strong!!

Terrie  241  DOF        

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

YoungAtHeart

Always good to see you, Debbie! 

Will your landlord not be back - I am confused as to why you bought lock and key?  It's the best for him to get sober - drinking kills so many organs in our body AND our brain cells.  Good that he is a pleasant drunk - but if he's a nice guy, he needs to quit that stuff.

For now, Mickey D's will have to do --- it's just good to hear from you, however you do it!

Nancy

elvan

It's wonderful to hear from you.  I am really glad your landlord is in detox, I hope that he goes into a rehab of at least 28 days.   I understand why you changed the locks, so you would be protected at least while he is not there.  Hopefully, you won't have any problems.

It is tough to get sober, I have certainly watched it more than once...addiction is addiction and there is no quick "cure" for it.

Glad you can at least get to McDonald's to use wireless.  Our weather forecast is calling for 70's next week.  I am SO EXCITED!  I have doctor's appointments next week and will not be able to sit outdoors and enjoy every day but ANY time in that kind of weather will be wonderful.

Peace and love dearest Debbie,

Ellen

JACKIE1-25-15

Hi Deb.  Again it is nice to hear from you.  I enjoy reading your blogs, the adventure, the journey, the learning experiences.  I seem to always gather something that I can use reflect on.  I too am learning that no means NO.  I always thought of myself as a very strong woman but since quitting i recognize that smoking covered up the real me. Some of it I like and some of it I dont but each day I believe life gets better.  Wishing you the best that you deserve.  Keep stroking.   My son once wrote me a card and said  Ma You are like a rose....you never let the water take you under.  So I say the same thing to you.  You never let the water take you under. Literally. I pray Gods abundance upon you.  I pray a hedge of thorns around you for protection and safety.  Be Blessed He lovesw you, we love you.  . 

MarilynH

Good to see you my snow angel, it's supposed to get down to possibly -25 ° F overnight. I take it that your landlord is putting himself in detox possibly 3 wks or maybe a month. I believe here in NB it can be up to 30 days unless he signs himself out which I hope he won't or maybe he can't. Anyway be safe Debbie and a super duper congratulations on your awesome 450 + days and counting WTG my friend and fellow Exer. ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ ♡ ☆ 

djmurray

Love your 450 days, my friend!  And I assume you got the lock and key because you don't have any sense of security with him gone.  Good job of taking care of yourself.  Life does present these challenges whether we smoke or not, and we handle them better when we do it directly and don't hide behind the screen of smoke.  I'm at 428 and being over a year really feels solid.  Not that i think we can get complacent but I sure can't imagine any scenario in which I would want to smoke. 

Great to hear from you!