cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day One!!

janie21
0 8 95

It is not a good feeling to smoke after more than 300 days without a cigarette. It was very impulsive. This whole quit, all 10 months I have been around smokers at home and at work. In my moment of weakness I didn't reach out. Well I am back on the horse today. This place is such a valuable resource I was seeing alot of people make good friends and helping each other. Well I am reaching out ... I have been smoking for about two weeks so I got my water,  spearmint gum, I am blogging and most important praying getting centered taking this day a moment at a time, had a great workout, a quite comical squirrel who wouldn't be quiet this morning while I was trying to meditate. This fall has affected my daughters very negatively I know I can do this But I will need this site and you guys to help me..... THANKS Janie new quit date August 7 2012.... Yay smoke free again Smoking is all that I remember it dirty, smelly, take ahold of my brain and body, the subconcious obsession borders on evil SO GRATEFUL to be back on the train ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

8 Comments
mzmelanie

❤️ I hope it works out for you. I am quitting today too just smoked my last puff on a dirty nasty butt. I'm DONE. You should try exercise or NRT. I use nicorette but I haven't had one piece today. I am going to try and quit cold turkey from here on out. Good Luck and if you want to be my friend I will support you.

donna177

Good Job Janie!!! you can do this remember all bad that comes with smoking! How did you quit the first time? cold turkey? I have tried cold turkey and not been successful! I'm trying to get rid of one a day, So I'm trying for 4 cigs a day! Good luck to you, you are an inspriation!!!!

Patty-cake

Janie,

Congrats on deciding that you want breath over death.

I'm sorry you didn't reach out to someone when you needed to. You have been a wonderful role-model for your daughters and now they are hurting.

Remember, cigarettes do nothing for you. They're just an addiction. They provide no benefit, Everything you feel with that nicotine is just an illusion.

You have support here. Keep blogging, keep reading. Learn more about nicotine addiction, so will be able to understand why you relapsed and how not to relapse in your future.

craftylady

Welcome back!!  All my prayer's for your continued success!!  You KNOW you can do this, hang in there.

owlfeather

I am sooooooooo sorry you have to start over again.  By now you recognize what it does not only to your body, but your Spirit also.  Not pretty at all.  Welcome back. 

Ex_Nancy

Until you remember or realize that smoking has no value, you may continue to pick up..refresh your reading...

The most IMPORTANT thing you can do for your quit now is to educate yourself about the addiction and the mind games it plays on us....READ,READ,READ for a successful quit...the more you read, the EASIER it is...

CHOOSE to quit smoking, not try. Educate yourself by reading these links to the materials that most of us have used to help us quit and STAY quit! This is about making a DECISION to never put another cigarette in your mouth, mean it, and be committed to follow through on that decision. Also allow NO excuses AND hang in there for as long as it takes, no matter how uncomfortable you become.... This is about re-learning your life WITHOUT cigarettes....start changing your "normal" routine....because a smoker's routine revolves around cigarettes. You will be a nonsmoker so change how you start your morning so it doesn't revolve around cigarette breaks, etc. You CAN do this! ....http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/Allen_Carr_s_Easy_Way_To_Stop_Smoking_Download_free_PDF

http://quitsmokingonline.com

butt-kicker

Welcome back Janie,,10 months seems to be my magic number too! I am going to call in the gaurds when I get there this last time!

It's so hard when we realize that the one puff really does put you right back into the full blown addiction to nicotine! It's no joke! One puff is truly all it takes to let that little monster back into you life, whispering in your head to come on let's go get some more, Just one! That's all! Then into your dreams, same thing, the evil little voice!

The good thing is slamming that door once and for all and remember we're all capable of taking that fall,,it's how quickly we rise back up that matters! Glad to see you're moving forward and taking back the controls!

~Diane~

JonesCarpeDiem

sorry you chose to smoke again.