Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 53

JulieSw
0 12 34

Day 53 and really doubting this quit 😕

Hopefully I get through this stage SOON.

12 Comments
linda258

You i.e. your addition is doubting this quit ... YOU, the person knows you want, need, must, can quit.

It is the addiction in you that is messing with you.  I felt like it was almost a split personality.  I call my addiction nicodemon to give me something to talk down and although I am not a violent person would like to kick him every time he opens his mouth.

He is a sly one... and will pop up to try to talk you into smoking.... just one puff.. oh one smoke won't kill you (yes it will)... stop fooling yourself.. you know you want me... and on and on... especially when I am weak.

BUT... I now control nicodemon... I have him locked up and when he tries to get out well, I just kick him back into little prison.

nauticalnut2011

Please don't ever doubt your quit!  The nicodemon is poking you!  Believe us all when we say quitting is the best and most important thing you will EVER do for yourself!

Go back to the basics, plenty of water, deep breathing, exercise, stay busy.  Try this - when an urge hits, relax, close your eyes and watch it come and go like a cloud drifting by, or a leaf floating down a stream.

You are doing this and you're doing great!  Congratulations on 53 awesome, smoke-free days!!!!!

Courage

Seems to be a bit of an epidemic right now... I'm personally exhausted from yesterday, literally from fighting so hard.  I just finished re-reading some key chapters from Allen Carrs The Easy Way and feeling much better now. Just a suggestion. The drug addiction is calling your name, not the nicotine.  As the book says, don't try and think about not smoking, it's what you're thinking when the crave hits which should be thank G#d I don't do that anymore! Smoking only made us slaves to misery and illness, the "joy" is just an illusion.

Now, let's go get busy and thank ourselves that we can because that's the gift we gave ourselves, the freedom and ability to do so.

Onward!

Chris265

You will have good days and bad days – and the over time the good days outnumber the bad.  Distract – brisk walk, take a shower, run in place - anything to distract yourself from the smoking thoughts.  But don’t doubt your quit because you are Doing IT!

JulieSw

Thanks everyone, I am trying 🙂

Roxie-1-16-2014

Pop your favorite CD in - Dance and sing your heart out!! You will forget about the craving and feel your spirit lift. Don't ever doubt your quit. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! When the addiction is screaming and pulling at you this is when you need to do fight back the hardest. Not something I'd recommend on a regular basis but I found chocolate seems to help when I'm really struggling. I think chocolate releases those good feeling endorphins so it helps. Have a piece of chocolate and dance off the extra calories! Just don't give in. NOPE is the magic word - NOT ONE PUFF EVER!!! You CAN do this!!! The addiction wants you to doubt yourself. Call on the help of a friend if you need to. Make a list of all the wonderful reasons you choose to be smoke free. Carry it with you. Get a jar and all the money you used to spend put it in the jar each day. At the end of the month go treat yourself to something nice. Don't let the addiction ever play the justification game. There is NO reason to ever give in. The addiction demon will come and go. It will hit hard some days but you just hit back harder. Look at the jar of money, read your list of good things that come from quitting. Drink LOTS of water and remember always YOU ARE STRONGER!!! YOU WILL WIN the battle!! You will get there ONE DAY AT A TIME and sometimes one second at a time if needed. We all believe in you and we have no doubt that you can do this!!!

annb
Hang on. You know it would taste awful (think licking an ashtray!! Grrrosss! and make you feel dizzy, sick and then mad at yourself on top of it!! This will pass! You are doing this! Ignore nicodemon!! Sending hugs for strength!!
freeneasy

You don't have to doubt yourself you've  done it for 53 days. Just keep it going one day at a time.

cheyenne7

Like Courage has said, it seems to be an epidemic going on here.....I don't know the cause, but the cure is to just wait it out.....you see it being said one day at a time....

That's the key......we are in NML.  If you haven't read about it, please do.  Dale has info on his page, and look for the weekly blog dedicated to this time period during a quit....it's a blog devoted to NML....

Hang in there....one day at a time....that's what I'm doing....listening to the elders and putting faith in what they are saying....

Keep a steady guard against the nicodemon........if we don't have smokes in our possession, then we can't smoke them, right?

We can do it.....let's stick together : )

cheyenne7

I meant to add that the weekly blog is on Wednesdays....look for it....it's very helpful : )

Barbara145

When I was doubting my quit during NML I came here.  Dale said"  You dont have to want to quit to quit."  That made sense to me and got me through "doubting my quit."  You really are doing great.  Take care.

summer-07-06-15