cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 3......

kris54
0 7 16

I'm still trying to navigate around this site.....and trying to keep busy.  I have been debating with myself today... back and forth, trying to find some way to 'justify' a smoke.  

I know its my decision.  I am deciding to be a non smoker.  But, Damn, this is hard.   😕

7 Comments
thebears8171

Good for you!!! I am kinda on day 6, but slipped up the first 5 days. So today is the first day smoke free. I can give you one piece of advice.

DONT SLIP!!!! It only makes it harder the next go around. Be strong. There are some great people here lean on them and they will help

Ex_Nancy

It's only as hard or as easy as you think it will be...we have all been thru this part of the quit...a crave doesn't hurt...just ride it out...they only last 3-5 minutes at the most ...DON'T SMOKE! you are almost thru the worst part!!! 😉

The most important thing you can do for your quit now is to educate yourself about the addiction and the mind games it plays on us....READ,READ,READ for a successful quit...the more you read, the easier it is...

CHOOSE to quit smoking, not try. Educate yourself by reading these links to the materials that most of us have used to help us quit and STAY quit! This is about making a DECISION to never put another cigarette in your mouth, mean it, and be committed to follow through on that decision. Also allow NO excuses AND hang in there for as long as it takes, no matter how uncomfortable you become.... This is about re-learning your life WITHOUT cigarettes....start changing your "normal" routine....because a smoker's routine revolves around cigarettes. You will be a nonsmoker so change how you start your morning so it doesn't revolve around cigarette breaks, etc. You CAN do this! ....http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/Allen_Carr_s_Easy_Way_To_Stop_Smoking_Download_free_PDF

http://quitsmokingonline.com

Ex_Nancy

And here are some tips for dealing with the cravings...please write back and let us know how you are doing...YOU ARE FINALLY ON THE BLOGS where we are 24/7...we didn't KNOW you were here!!!  

Stay close to this site and remember NOPE=Not One Puff Ever...and as long as you stick to this ONE SIMPLE rule, you will win....it the meantime, drink plenty of fresh cold water to rid your body of the toxins, smaller,nutritious meals throughout the day to keep your blood-sugar levels steady, (don't diet!)....take big arm STRETCHES as often as needed to relax tense muscles and most importantly, take big DEEP BREATHS TO RELAX AND RELIEVE anger... take a nap, take walks, stay buzy with something you LIKE and brush you teeth immediately after each meal...xoxo

kris54

Thanks, Nancy!!  🙂

I'm doing ok.  One part of my brain is grateful that I have been smoke free for 3 days...... I am dealing with the other part.

My Dear, Wonderful Mother died of lung cancer in 2005.  I was smoke free at the time and I was devastated..... but the next few years of  stress caused me to pick up a cig again.... and that was all it took.  I have been totally ashamed of myself with every puff.

I LOVE ----   NOPE=Not One Puff Ever.  I will keep this in my mind every time It gets rough.

I won't diet... not right now....but I am a little afraid of gaining weight, but I have been juicing twice a day for 6 months now.. and I'll continue that... I love it.

I am SO grateful i have found a place where people understand what I am going through!  Thank you all !!

Strudel

Kris - Welcome!! Yes, you have indeed found agreat place for support!! I came here almost two years ago, met some wonderful people, read blogs, read the material Nancy gave you - and I quit!! And that was after smoking for 40 stupid years!! So - I figure if I can, anyone can!! Congrats on your quit! Stick around and we will do this!! 

roosmom

Keep cleaning, i drank herbal tea everytime i had a craving as to not od on caffeine, also coffee was my trigger

happy to say now almost 2 and a half years later i enjoy my coffee as my treat, !!

hang in there , you can do this one day at a time

Ex_Nancy

Did you know you can clean a blender after using it by just pouring out your drink, and after you are thru....put a few DROPS of liquid dish soap ( or a small sqeeze).....put it on PUREE or whatever with your juicer...and WOW! It's clean!  (don't forget to press the top down on the top or YOU get to clean the entire kitchen again,LOL)...plus the ceiling... : D