Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 3

PennyLynn7407
1 8 100

Hi EX family!

I went to class today, and, as usual, there were a lot of people I knew outside taking a break. Smoking. I passed by with a simple hello and went inside. When I needed a break, I went to where I knew people wouldn't be smoking to stretch and walk. During my whole time there today, I did not even WANT to smoke. I don't do that anymore, I said to myself. I realize now that my decision and my God are very strong, but I will keep coming, and practicing the things I have learned so far. I will also keep learning. This addiction is real, and so is the fact that if I am not vigilant, as you have told me, it will sneak up on me and I will smoke again. So I keep my vigil...

8 Comments
Eric_L.

Keep challenging the thoughts and they will lose their power.  You can cast your anxieties onto the Lord and be reborn in righteousness!  I believe that we can make the decision to not smoke.  Once we give the faulty reasoning for thinking that we MUST smoke away (i.e. it will reduce my anxiety etc) and truly accept willingness to do things different (take suggestions here) then the smoking thing can grow into a non-issue.

You can do this!  You did a great job today.

elvan

GOOD FOR YOU!  I think you are being very wise.  Remember NOPE too...not one puff ever because it really makes it very clear.  This is a journey and it is one day at a time...one step at a time.  You are doing this!  I am so happy for you!

Legend

Congratulations on day 3 WOOHOOO!!!!

Way to go you are doing great stay positive you can do this.

Christine

TerrieQuit

Great job, Penny!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

JACKIE1-25-15

One day a t atime Penny Lynn that is all we can do.  You will make it. 

jojo29

good job protecting your quit and your lungs ... keep on moving forward ..

MarilynH

Great job Penny, hang onto your EXcellent attitude and keep stacking up your precious smoke free days. ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Great job! Keep saying NO!