cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 3 today

kelly9
1 15 79
Thank you all so much for your messages and wonderful support!! What a lovely community... makes me think that there is something really great in managing to stop if so many people stay here and support newbies. I booked myself some driving lessons yesterday and have to prepare for my theory test on 19 Dec. It took my mind off cigarettes so much that yesterday was so easy. Am very tired at the moment but my hands and feet felt so lovely and warm this morning and its lovely to lay in bed without feeling the need to have to get up and smoke. I am a non smoker 🙂
15 Comments
shashort

Wow Congratulaions on day 3 that is a huge accomplishment. After today the nicotine should be out of your system. You are doing good. Stay strong and stay close. Remember if it starts getting to hard and you need help title your blog HELP before you smoke and lots of people will come running to your rescue   Remember NOPE! Not one puff ever. You CAN do this

JonesCarpeDiem

WOO HOO!

I have a theory about driving.

Keep At Least One Hand On The Wheel.

meWisconsin

Great job on being 3 days smoke free. Good luck with your driving lessons. That will help take your mind off smoking.

Terry

PennyLynn7407

Congrats, kelly9, on 3 days- you are doing GREAT! Glad you have your driving lessons to distract you. Good luck! Make sure to plan other ways to distract yourself from those nasty smoking thoughts, though, when driving lessons aren't happening. It helps so much. WTG!

Christine13

Great work on 3 days down!  Good luck with your driving lessons!

MePlus3

great job on 3 days! im a newbie as well with 70 days and YES! it was because of this place that im doing it. it took a couple of tries because I didnt always call for help like I shouldve but when I did, these wonderful people talked to me and held my hand until I was better and we'll do the same for you! 

Dotgirl_1-28-16

Congrats on your awesome day 3 Kelly! WooHoo you are doing this! WTG

YoungAtHeart

Well done!  Stay busy!  Sip water!

Keep at it!

Nancy

bacardigirl

Congrats on making it to day 3 - you have a great attitude! Good luck with the driving too!

You will not be so tired after a couple weeks. I noticed the first week dragged by so slowly, and I think it was because I was so dang tired all the time, not getting that lift from nicotine. But I don't need that lift anymore - the fatigue has subsided and being a non-smoker is all I need to feel great!

Congrats again!

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on day 3 and the journey continues. 

c2q

Keep your eyes on your driving, keep your hands on the wheel - and listen to some really old silly music. That'll distract you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDYpr99FgEk

Silverstar

Yay, Kelly, congrats on another day WON!  Distracting myself from thoughts of smoking was tough for me, but I spent a lot of time on EX and that helped me so much, AND helped in developing a new morning routine.  You are doing great, keep up the good work, and Don't Quit On Your Quit!

Giulia

Lookin' good there, Kelly.  Keep you eye on your quit road and don't drive off into the brush.  Them craving animals might eat ya!

TerrieQuit

Great job on day 3 Kelly!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

maryfreecig

Way to go! Keep working it. So glad you updated. Day three and onward!