cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2

rinal
0 7 26

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, my urges to smoke are few and far between, I even had a couple beers last night and watched my guy go out repetedly to smoke.

I'm sure a good portion of this has to do with the patch, I'd be silly to think it wasn't, but I do know a lot of it has to do with changing my mindset and my way of looking at quitting.

I've gone to lunch with my friend both yesterday and today, she smokes, and the only reaction I had was a bit of sneezing, actually that is a common reaction now. Cigarette smoke makes me sneeze!

I'm seeing and smelling people smoking and not feeling envious or wistful, I am instead thinking how sad and silly they look, and how glad I am that I'm not doing that anymore.

I had some crazy weird dreams last night even though I'd taken the patch off prior to going to bed. But since I was expecting weird dreams at some point it didn't surprise me to have them.

I guess to a degree I'm fooling myself, since I am still feeding a steady stream of nicotien into my system via the patch, I'm still addicted to that shit, but I'm not lighting poisonous leaves and sucking on them now.

Breaking the nicotien addiction will come later.

7 Comments
KatherineF

The mindset makes a difference, doesn't it? 

I dreamed about smoking for the first timelast night and I quit 162 days ago!

rinal

It really does! I wish I'd realized it years ago.

I honestly expect to dream about cigs/smoking frequently, when you do something everyday multiple times a day for nearly half your life...yeah, you're going to dream about it.

Crazy though that you'd have one nearly 6 months after your quit.

lisa11209

Stay absolute in your commitment to not smoke for any reason and you will have a successful quit, regardless of whether you use the patch.  Keep reading and blogging and believing in yourself.

Ex_Nancy

The mindset IS the key....and always remember that quitting will be as hard or as easy as you believe it will be...and "I'd rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional desire to smoke, rather than a smoker with a constant desire to quit"....xoxo

bella65

you can do this.Saturday I sat with  a bunch of smokers at a tatoo party.and i was the only one not smoking:}and I had a rough day on friday so I was really proud of myself.its getting so much more easier.its a  wonderful feeling

drink lots of water and youll be fine.it helps alot.

whooonk

Nicely done! Glad you are excited about your quit. I am starting too and it feels pretty good huh?

Connie55

Good job Rina!