cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2

lshende
1 11 56

Today was great until about 10 minutes ago.  I just keep thinking that I can have one more and then quit again tomorrow.  Such a stupid thought...I know it is the mental cravings talking.  I don't need "one" more, nor can I have just one.

Nighttime is the hardest...will make a plan for when the cravings hit.  Walk my dog, take a shower, drink tea, read the posts on this side and go to bed early.

I want my life back!

Thanks to everyone here who has lent their support or shares their stories.  It is helping.

11 Comments
joyeuxencore

Craving Kickers

Did you know most cravings only last 3 to 5 minutes?

20 Craving Kickers

1. Take a deep breath and ask yourself, “What do I really want right now?” Keep asking yourself the question til you figure out what you really need right now (probably not really a smoke).

2. Drink a glass of water.

3. Call a friend.

4. Write down 3 things you are grateful for in your life.

5. Do 25 jumping jacks.

6. Take a 3-5 minute walk.

7. Go brush your teeth.

8. Paint your nails. (OK Guys TRIM your nails!)

9. Get a jar of bubbles and go blow bubbles

10. Play your favorite music and dance for a bit.

11. Write down 3 reasons you want to be smoke free.

12. Chomp on some raw veggies or fruit. The crunchier the better!

13. Cut a straw into the length of a cigarette and chew on it. Or use a cinnamon stick.

14. Get out some paper and doodle.

16. Take 5 minutes and write yourself a love note.

17. Do a crossword puzzle or Sudoku.

18. Imagine how you will feel tonight knowing you made it another day smoke-free!

19. Find a video on YouTube that makes you laugh. Congrats, you made it!

20. Look in the mirror and tell yourself “I love you and I will take care of you”.

Terri103

Yeah, sorry.   Only one way to quit, and that Not One Puff Ever NOPE.   that's how we all did it.   It truly is a day to day work in progress and so worth it.   Don't buy them.  Don't bum one.   Think of how long you smoked, think of your average # per day.  Each of those cigs reinforced that smoking addiction.   Now you need to train your brain some new tricks with a backup of unlearning the smoking.  You Can do it.   

joyeuxencore

The really GREAT thing is that you came here to blog about it so you aren't all alone in your head there!

That is what I call real willingness to do it differently this time!!! We all went through day two my friend!

What you don't want is another day one!!!

joyeuxencore
lshende

THANK YOU for the encouragement!  I will try the list for the cravings.  You are right...NOPE and I don't want another Day 1.  🙂

mitsy

Hug in there.  I know that we all have times that are hard. My time is first thing when I wake up, so instead of having my coffee and watch the news I throw on my shoes and walk my dog for the first hour.  Try to put something in your evening schedule to change things up and keep smiling. (I also sing or hum while we walk) it's funny because you will find something that brings you more joy then the misery of lighting up a cancer stick

Giulia

You can have one more and quit tomorrow.

And tomorrow you can have one more and quit the day after.

And the day after that.

And the day after that.

There.is.no.such.thing.as.just.one.

You're either in this or out.  There's no in between.

hampton

SMOKING IS NOT ONE OF MY OPTIONS.......n LOVE THAT IT ISN'T/

YoungAtHeart

We have a saying here, "If you are quitting smoking and you are still smoking, you are doing it wrong!"

Nancy

johio

..That is the addiction trying to trick you to start smoking again.....You are doing an awesome job of handling these temptations....

Joe

Eric_L.

You are doing a great job!