cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 2

AmyandBrooke
0 8 106

Well I've completed day 2 and I'm proud of myself!  I began my quit journey first on 12/3/15 and smoked on the 3rd day for "parenting stress".  I smoked for a few days and then quit again unprepared for the "parenting stress". Not prepared = Unsuccessful. I took the following days after to really take a look at what I'm really stressed about. Facts:  I'm a mommy Facts: Brooke needs her mommy.  And the so called "parenting stress", well that stress will be there whether I smoke or not!  The past two days that I have not smoked have been unusually busy and chaotic. Not once did I lose my patience or get irritable.  The craving would come and then it would go.  Just like that.  Yes I was uncomfortable because I'm addicted to nicotine. My body and brain are pissed!  Well good!  Be pissed all it wants.  It's temporary and time will heal all things!  

My outlook is optimistic. I've had a successful 3 year quit in 2006. I know what I need to do.  I know that the junkie thinking is the nicotine beast.  And I know from experience if I don't give the beast any attention, he will go away!  

I hope to meet many of you and follow you all in your journey.

Amy (AmyandBrooke) 

8 Comments