cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 10

Momoffivesons
2 5 122

Sorry I haven't gotten back in a few days I'm still vape free. I have to go down to the store to get some patches I ran out of the 14 mg there were 14 of them but I had made four attempts to quit using a patch each time, so I was short as I had is 21 mg patches so I cut a little bit of it off and stuck it on today because I refuse to go back to vaping, even though I don't have a vape pen around me I do have to go to a store and we'll be out and the temptation would be there if I didn't have a patch on. As I said I'm not trying to use the gum this time because that's 2 mg each time four pieces of gum a day plus a 14 mg patch basically kind of comes up to about 21 mg, so what my doctor suggested was I stay 4 weeks at 14 mg and 2 weeks at 7, and then he suggested to buy the gum so that whenever I did get an urge I could pop a piece of gum but not use the patch anymore. Other friend told me of these patches that are made to be cut in half and they're 7 mg so you can cut that it breaks in half so it would be about three and a half milligrams I might look into that so I can write it right to the end so that I've just weaned myself out of the nicotine. This is quite a challenge but I'm putting a lot more into this effort because I wanted to be the last time I do this and I don't mean like I'm no longer here on Earth I want to make this the last time I have to go through that heck week, as I said I'm stI have gained 3 lbs once this urge gets more away from me I'm going to start trying to make healthier choices today when I'm at the store I'm going to buy some gum sugarless mints well I don't really like mints but try to find something sugarless. Maybe try to find some fruit that's ripe I don't seem to have much luck with picking out fruits. I do get out I walk about a mile to 2 miles a day. But since I'm already used to that I think that's why I probably haven't gained more than 3 lb for what I've been eating. I want to thank you all for helping me for caring enough to reach out to me I'm sorry that I am not been on here daily but I do want you to know that I am continuing on this journey and I am now in the double digits at day 10. I'm getting ready to go out it's really hot here in California on the coast which is very unusual so I will check in tonight probably be later tonight about 9:00 or 10:00 my love hugs and prayers with you all 🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🫂🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

5 Comments
About the Author
I'm the mom of five grown sons my oldest son passed away in 2016. I have two beautiful grandchildren. I believe in our lord Jesus. And I'm recently separated after 45 year very emotional abusive marriage. Grateful for this community and New beginnings. I'm trying to end all bad habits situations.