cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 1

liana5
0 9 18

Hi everyone, I am back.  I have managed to get sick of smoking.  My throat hurts I am having aches and pains all over my body.  The smell is disgusting.  I am starting on the patch today step 1.  I am pretty excited to start feeling better soon.  I have a 2hour drive ahead of me today to get home.  I've been in Sac. All week.  I will have plenty of water in the car and some snacks.  I have over 70 posts to read and get caught up.  I look forward to see what you've all been doing.  Don't know if my husband will join me in my quit this time.  But I can't let his smoking throw me off my goals.  Which is to be an Ex smoker.  To get healthy.  To be free!

9 Comments
cookie804

welcome back and congratulations on your decision to continue on your quit. Please make your husband take his cigarettes outside to smoke. Is he with you and will he smoke in the car on that long 2 hour drive?

Please if you feel the need to smoke blog to us, just say help and someone will be with you in a few minutes.

I have been checking everyday to see if you blogged. I was wondering if you had contiuned your quit or what was going on. Keep on stacking those days.

God bless

Carolyn and Cookie

SweetMelissa4

You can do it this time!  Never get discouraged and do NOT give up!  Use your past quits as a learning experience.  Try to stay confident and positive.  You got this! 

YoungAtHeart

Please spend some time to understand what the trigger was that caused you to smoke when you lost your quit.  Once you figure that out, you need to plan ahead of time what you will do differently THIS time.  Planning/thinking ahead is REALLY important to your quit success.

I am glad you are back!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

it is we who start the conversation that gets us smoking.

don't participate.

Brenda_M

Glad you're climbing back on the wagon...stay close!

linda258

Very happy you are back.  Time for a talk with your brain.... there are no excuses, no reasons nothing ... that should make you smoke once you truly decide.... step off the curve and understand that you will never ever take a puff again.  It might be uncomfortable at times but trust me you will never regret it and it does get better.  You CAN do this ... one day at a time.  Start walking!

lois2

Happy to see you back Liana we know it is not easy ,BUTTTTTTTTTTTT we can get her DONE .

ShawnP

I am glad that you didnt wait too long. So many do and its gets much harder each time to stop. I agree with Youngatheart, find out what triggered it so you can move on. No matter what comes your way, it might be difficult but you can do it, just keep saying NO!!!

liana5

Carolyn,  I was driving alone.  The drive was great.  I am coming down with something though.  I feel sick.  Runny nose, sore throat, watery eyes.  No fun.  The sore throat is helping me not to smoke though.  Watching the world series with my hubby.  Nice 67 degrees out tonight.  Very pleasant.  Hope you all have a Blessed night.