Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

DEAR NICOTINE

AChev
2 4 124

DEAR NICOTINE

We have always been together when nobody else has been there for me a constant companion. We have been through so many moments together from laughter to utter despair. My mind and body is struggling to let you go and we keep meeting for a morning coffee or an evening of just silence alone. I understand we need to part ways but this panic is like burying a friend in a sense and I am the only one at the service saying the prayers.I know I have to fill my days with other things besides you and you will forever be nagging at my memories. I have reasons I am so dependent on you and need to work on severing our ties. I will slowly bid you farewell one day at a time I am not a failure because I didn't succeed on my quit day or someone else is doing so much better than I am. I am tired of our Tango our crossroads is is in my vision may be a bit blurry but it's there.

4 Comments
About the Author
I love to cook, listen to music, audiobooks always looking for new recipes, music and books.I am 51 and have been married 31 years and have three daughters.