cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Checking in

janetlynn
0 10 130

It has been a crappy day...going to bed. NO I didn't smoke...but the thought crossed my mind a million times...Why is it when your upset with a spouse do you wanna go take it out on your self? Thats what I used to do...vented thru a cigarette. Today instead i went on a cleaning frenzy...House is clean...nope I cooked no lunch, dinner nuthing...but I did go pick up my 2 month prescription for chantix....and took myself out to dinner. I am feeling moody and depressed now...think I will just call it a night. Hope tomorrow is better. Night folks...glad I didn't smoke...but still feel depressed from having such a bad day. 

10 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Some days are pearls, some are oysters (or something like that!)

Hope your tomorrow is a PEARL!

Nancy

Thomas3.20.2010

As Scarlett Ohara says "Tomorrow is another day!"

moody_9-18-13

Feel moody? Guess how I feel all the time? Moody's my name, but quittin's my game!

You should stop by the bonfire! It'll lift your spirits!

LouiseR
Hang in there. We are on a roller Coaster as is life. Smoking wont change a thing. Get some sleep and wake up with the attitude you are smoke free and kicking ass!
GreenThumb3

bad days happen but you can always be proud each night you have not smoked one more day in the books smile tomorrow starts a new day

cheryl_1-1-14

The good news is you got another crappy day out of the way.  You're going to have a few of them so make sure you celebrate the good ones.  You didn't smoke so you won.  Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Roxie-1-16-2014

You got through the day without smoking and that's what counts!!! I am proud of you!!

I realized I used to go outside and smoke when my husband or anyone else got me upset to remove myself from the situation. Time to defuse and think things over. Last week my husband did something to get me upset and I said crap now what am I supposed to do. He said I could still go outside. I said it's 12 below outside and I'm not crazy. Since I can't go have a smoke I'm not going out there to freeze. I thought about it and then I pointed to the porch and said you get out there. We both cracked up laughing. I said you ticked me off so it makes more sence that you get sent to the porch. Once the temp is above 30 I will substitute walking.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you!! Hang in there!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

JRC

I hope you got a good nights sleep. But you did great!!! You're a non smoker!!!

elvan

Just saw your blog and that question about being angry with someone else and wanting to take it out on yourself really resonated with me.  I think that almost every time I slipped in the past, it was because I was angry about something.  It's a really weird reaction...I think we cannot deal with being angry and we want to smoke it away when all that does is to make us angry with ourselves...something we are all more familiar with.  You made it through and today is another day, congratulations!

tim0921

hang in there! we got your back.