cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 26,,,,Checking in :-)) This was deleted yesterday,,still in my publish page? Weird,,so re-publishing this

butt-kicker
0 2 29

Hello Everyone,

Wow, 26th Day,,,now they're just flying by. I cannot say that it's been without any thoughts or craves. Ive had my share, but I breathed and talked to myself...a lot!! Haha,,I also come on here and read blogs when I can grab some time.

I have been reading some more of my old blogs,,I happened to open up to the page that I had written after my last relapse. It was like a message from above or something. The words slapped me right in my face,,,"Stand Up and Finish What You Started" I have to say, it was a pretty good blog, considering I had written it,,lol,,,at least it was for me,,,I am truly here to finish what I had started so long ago.I will never give up on myself no matter what anyone thinks or would like to think about me, period. If I spent too much time worrying what others thought, well, that would be self defeating,,no one needs that on top of everything.

So I did some math in my head. Based on the amount of beginning quit days which is 120, and this being my third attempt,,,well do the math,,120 x 3 + 360 Days of beginning days! What?!?! Now that is like self torture,,lol,,Dammit! I am not doing another beginning! I am done with that part! This is my final, final, final quit! I already went through 2/3 of a years's torture to get here,,,seriously enough is enough.

I know I am one of the many, many, etc,,(lol) people who has to learn everything the hard way, instead of just listening or learning by example, which, Lord knows, there is plenty of that going on here! Great advice, guidance, examples, friendships,support,it goes on and on!

No matter what, this place is the best thing that has ever happened to me! Even though I messed up badly,,I DID learn to NEVER give up,,EVER! Stand up and FINISH what you STARTED! Great Message! 🙂

It's amazing to me that when we finally choose a good path,,all of the signs are right there to guide us> We just have to pay attention! That is my advice for the day,,lol,,(That'll $5 please,,haha) That's what my sisters used to say,,ha! (good memory)

Thanks for listening to my ramblings, once again! You guys are the BEST! Love & Hugs to you all!

Have a wonderful Smoke Free Weekend! N.O.P.E.

~Diane~

2 Comments