cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Checkin in!

janetlynn
0 9 2

Well I am heading into lucky number 13! The days are starting to go by faster...and I am in the double digits yeah me! Been a busy weekend and my back feeling better now...can't wait for spring...but damn the ground hog saw his shadow...ugh 6 more weeks. Today the snow all melted away...finally no snow on the ground since I started this journey.

So...today...I had to really face nicodemon...I had to go out in the front yard...and pick up all the butts I had been chucking out there since it started getting cold. I never smoked in my house...but I would stand at the front door catch a few drags at night and then throw them out in to the front yard...I didn't use a bucket or can...I never wanted to commit again after my last quit to bringing back ashtrays and such...heck I never bought a lighter after my last quit...I always used matches...or the big long lighter we use to light the fire place lol. So my punishment was to always go out in the yard and pick up all those nasty butts and

YEP...that is what I did today...and the last time I ever plan to do it. I thought it was gonna be really hard..or dangerous and make me want one...but omg..so many and my back was killing me from bending over..and it was muddy...and I really just felt a detachment from it. When I was finished I had filled a Walmart bag half full....ugh disgusting!!! I have a beautiful house and a beautiful yard...full of flowers and trees, and yet I did that..kind of on purpose...but none the less it was very unsightly and gross. 

Now my yard is grass and trees again...and in a few weeks some flowers will be popping up...but there won't be ever again...a nasty cigarette butt in my yard! 

9 Comments