cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Checkin' In At Day 55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julie127
0 9 7

I'm still here every single day and thankful for all the experts and their "long term" advice - it sure is helping me now..

I am now in NML and truly understand what it means.  My first 30 days were a breeze compared to this.....I am at day 55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But am feeling worse now physically  than when I started this journey.  I know it will get better but have to share this tidbit with everyone. Laughter is a good medicine....

My 76 year old aunt was a long time smoker and quit years ago - I wrote to her and told her I had quit...she wrote back and congratulated me but gave me this warning, "Just know honey that it will be at LEAST 5 years until you feel better"............WELL GEE THANKS FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT, I only have 4 years and 10 months to go!!!!

My husband and I sure got a good laugh out of it and I wrote her back with those exact words....

I'm doing fine and staying on the road, and I use Nancy's words often - I don't have cravings, I have "smoking thoughts" - thoughts are so much easier for me to control than cravings!!!!

9 Comments